Recipe for Crack Cake
– 1 box yellow cake mix
– 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon cinnamon
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Mix well.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture on top of the cake batter.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting. In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
7. Once the cake is finished baking, let it cool for a few minutes before spreading the frosting on top.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe For Crack Cake Variations:
1. Lemon Crack Cake – Add the zest of 1 lemon to the cake batter and substitute lemon pudding mix for the vanilla pudding mix. Once the cake is baked and cooled, top it with a lemon glaze made from powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
2. Chocolate Crack Cake – Substitute chocolate cake mix for the yellow cake mix and chocolate pudding mix for the vanilla pudding mix. Once the cake is baked and cooled, top it with a chocolate ganache made from heavy cream and chocolate chips.
3. Pumpkin Spice Crack Cake – Add 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the cake batter and substitute pumpkin spice pudding mix for the vanilla pudding mix. Once the cake is baked and cooled, top it with a cream cheese frosting made from powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract.
Recipe for Crack Cake is an easy and delicious dessert that can be made in many different variations. Whether you decide to make the classic version or add a twist to it, this cake is sure to impress. Experiment with different flavors and share your creations with friends and family. Enjoy!