Recipe For Cornell Chicken
Cornell Chicken is a flavorful and juicy grilled chicken recipe that originated from Cornell University. It is a simple but delicious dish that requires marinating chicken in a unique blend of spices and vinegar-based sauce. Here’s how to make it:
– 4-6 chicken breasts
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 2 cups apple cider vinegar
– 1 egg
– 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, egg, poultry seasoning, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
2. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade, making sure they are fully coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
3. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the excess marinade.
4. Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Serve immediately.
1. Buffalo Cornell Chicken – add 1/4 cup hot sauce to the marinade for a spicy twist.
2. Lemon Herb Cornell Chicken – add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (such as thyme or rosemary) to the marinade.
3. Teriyaki Cornell Chicken – replace the apple cider vinegar with 1 cup teriyaki sauce in the marinade.
4. BBQ Cornell Chicken – add 1/4 cup BBQ sauce to the marinade for a smoky flavor.
5. Greek Cornell Chicken – add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon dried oregano to the marinade.
Recipe For Cornell Chicken is a classic grilled chicken recipe that is easy to make and always delicious. With a few simple variations, you can create a variety of unique and flavorful dishes that will impress your friends and family. Whether you prefer spicy buffalo, zesty lemon herb, or savory BBQ, there’s a Cornell Chicken recipe for every taste. So fire up the grill and get cooking!