Lebanese Lentil Soup Recipe
Lebanese cuisine is known for its bold flavors and unique combinations of ingredients. One dish that stands out is the Lebanese Lentil Soup. This hearty soup is packed with protein and fiber, making it a nutritious and satisfying meal. Here is a classic Lebanese Lentil Soup recipe to try:
– 1 cup red lentils
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 2 celery stalks, chopped
– 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp coriander
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Lemon wedges for serving
1. Rinse the lentils and set aside.
2. In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add the carrots and celery and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
4. Add the lentils, broth, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 30-40 minutes until the lentils are tender.
6. Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
7. Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Looking to switch things up? Here are some variations to try:
– Spicy Lebanese Lentil Soup: Add a dash of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for some heat.
– Lebanese Lentil and Spinach Soup: Add a few handfuls of fresh spinach to the soup and let wilt before blending.
– Lebanese Lentil and Tomato Soup: Add a can of diced tomatoes to the soup and adjust seasoning as needed.
– Lebanese Lentil and Chicken Soup: Add shredded cooked chicken to the soup for some extra protein.
Try out these variations and create your own unique Lebanese Lentil Soup recipe.
Lebanese Lentil Soup is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed on its own or as a side dish. With its versatility and bold flavors, it’s no wonder that this soup is a staple in Lebanese cuisine. Whether you stick to the classic recipe or experiment with variations, Lebanese Lentil Soup is sure to impress even the most discerning foodies.